Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sun's angle

I'm reading Dean Koontz latest book, it's like he writes just to please me!  His writing seems tailor-- made for my tastes.  His characters are always so genuine and interesting.  I heard that Odd Thomas is being cast for the big screen.  Now, I will definitely go see that!  I love 'Oddie'.  He is one of my favorite characters, ever.

There's something I love about the sun's angle in mid February.   Short gray days are slowly replaced by longer, sunnier ones.  I've seen the sun more this week than I had seen it since sometime in November.  I'm more of a spring and summer gal than I am for fall and winter.  I do love each season for what it is, though.  I don't think these sunny days would feel as precious if I didn't have the bleak ones. 

I joined my Mom and Dad today at Denny's for breakfast.  (Moon over My Hammy, anyone?) Every month my mom's class (of '47) meets there.  There aren't usually more than 10 people there at any given month.  When you hit your early 80's, that's pretty much expected.  I love these people, I've grown very fond of each one of them.  One lady there keeps telling me I don't look old enough to have 2 kids in college.  I kind of like hearing that, even though I think she believes this because she's got about 35 years on me.  We tend to think people are younger depending on how old we are.  It's all relative. 

There are twins who come each month, they were triplets, but one has passed away.  These ladies are hilarious.  They still look quite alike, except one is heavier than the other.  They always eat something 'lunchy' for breakfast like cheeseburgers, fries, and a Coke.  It is funny.  They also always eat the exact same thing as the other one. 

It was warm today--near 50 degrees.  I wore a corduroy shirt instead of my coat.  The sidewalk and some grass is visible again.  Amazing.  I'm even back to wearing running shoes instead of boots.  I like my little black boots, but I really prefer bare feet and flip flops.

I finally got our van bathed yesterday.  The salt and snow-spray made it look AWFUL.  I kept putting off washing it because the weather wouldn't give us a break.  I can't believe how nice it looks.

HUGSxxx to all.  Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment