Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Just thinkin'

This Friday St. Bart's is having its monthly day of Adoration.  I look forward to being in His Presence.  As my body needs nourishment, so does my soul. 

When a soul visits and adores our Savior, it is enriched in ways that are not always visible.  If we could see the effects, I bet the church would be standing room only!

Unfortunately, that isn't the case...

My favorite prayer method is to go to Him, as naked as I can (spiritually, not physically!), and bare my heart to Him.  If I am aware of some sin or fault that is burdening me, then I must not try to cover it up.  It is best to tell Him, 'You know, I am really weak.  I am flawed.  I am wretched.  I really need You.  I'm very attracted to temptation, Papa.  I struggle.  I fall.  I hurt.  I've hurt others. I am so sorry for offending You! I can't do this without Your constant and enduring help.'  I truly think He likes us to do that.  I think there might be other things he likes as well. 

Take expessing emotions, for instance.  When I am alone with Him, if I feel like smiling spontaneously, I do it!  And, there have been plenty of times where I have fallen into a heap of tears at His feet.  Sometimes the tears are even joyful!  It just depends on the day, my state of mind, my attitude and needs.

How unfathomable it is that the Creator of all has chosen to become food for His creatures.  When God became man, that was such an act of supreme humility...how much more humble is it to come in the form of bread and wine? 

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment