Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Some fun+a long nap+homebaked brownies=lifted mood :)

Libby's Crispy Sauerkraut, 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)Well, sorry for the little pity party, and thank you to my friends that sent along sweet messages.  I'm much better now.  We had a snow day, the roads were pretty slick.  I'm glad the kids were home because John kept the van and took Ian and Jake to their classes.  Thank goodness for that!

I don't know if any of you read or tried my soup recipe, but here's another one...

I love sauerkraut.  My kids (except Therese) hate it.  About once a month I get a penchant for it and they have to suffer it out.  Now saurkraut wouldn't be good if it was cooked alone!  Here's how I make it--quite easy, but yuummmy!

Annie's very tasty Sauerkraut

1 large can of sauerkraut
8 to 10 medium potatoes quartered
1 lb. turkey kielbassa (sliced into bite sized pcs.)
1 lb. pork sausage (sliced into bite sized pcs.)

Place all ingredients into large stock pot, add water to cover.  Bring to boil, then cover with a lid.  Simmer for at least 21/2 hours.  I like to cook mine for 4 or 5 hours--brings out the flavor even better!  Oh, and watch that the water doesn't boil away!  Add more if necessary.

ENJOY!  BON APPETITE

Thanks to everybody that has been reading my blog.  I hope you all like it. 
HUGSxxxAnnie






No comments:

Post a Comment