Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pork Recipe!

Since I posted my Sloppy Joes recipe, I decided to post my Pork Roast recipe, too.  I made that for our Valentine's dinner last night.

The nice thing about this is that you can take a frozen solid roast and cook it without thawing.  (Just in case you forgot to thaw it!!)

Annie's Scrumptious Stovetop Pork Roast dinner:

1 pork roast (any type or weight is fine--a little fat is nice for optimal flavor and tenderness)
16 oz. bag of baby carrots (fresh or frozen)
Beef Bouillon or pork bouillon if you can find it(measured later)
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder

Place roast in dutch oven or medium sized stock pot.  Cover with water.  Add bouillon (1 tsp. per cup of water).  Add remaining ingredients.  Bring to boil.  Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 hours on the lowest heat setting.  Add water if necessary.

An hour before roast is done, boil potatoes for mashing. 

When roast is done, using slotted spoon, remove carrots and place in serving dish.  Put roast on platter and let sit for 10 minutes.  Use the liquid to make gravy.  (Does anyone need my gravy recipe?  If so, leave a comment, and I'll post it.)

Mash potatoes.  Carve roast.  Eat.  Now the fun starts because you have a zillion dirty dishes.

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment