Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Random Ramblings

I'm still doing my genealogy research.  When questions open doors, I find a few answers, but am left with even more questions.  I have hit a plateau now and don't really know what my next step will be.
I really could use the 1890 census; it would answer some of my biggest questions about my mom's grandparents, but the census no  longer exists, it burned in a fire.  That just figures.

I've been reading a lot about Chicago and H. H. Holmes, and I think I'd really like to visit the town soon.  I've never been there.  I've driven around it on my way out west twice, but never stopped to visit.  Apparently, I'd be wise to avoid the part of town that my ancestors lived in.  It is now one of the most dangerous places in the country.  Too bad.  I'd really like to see the neighborhood.

John's 50th birthday is today.  We fell in love when he was just 20, and I was 17.  It really seems hard to believe that it was almost 30 years ago.  We have something truly special.  I often hear people say 'the honeymoon's over' after a short period of time.  With us, it  isn't over.  I don't know why sometimes people lose the magic, when others, like us, do not.  I still remember when we played Pac Man and walked on dates because he didn't always have access to a car!  I have a wealth of good memories of our love thru the years.  :)

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment