Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another clue about the mystery person, Charles

This is a followup to my earth shattering post yesterday...

I kept searching for Charles Yunker, who could possibly be a half brother to my dad, which we never knew about.  I looked at tons of documents, and never found anything on him.  I wondered if he died at a young age...

Then, curiously, I found out that in 1930, the census said that my great grandfather (Howard Wills) was living in Evanston, Ill.  Several of his children lived with him, although by then my grandma (his daughter) was living in Sharon with my grandfather.  They had 4 of their 6 kids at that point. 

In Evanston, a boy, aged 11, lived with my great grandfather, and his name was Charles Wills.  He might (strong possibility) have been Charles Yunker, who was 8 months old in 1920.  If this is the same person, then it appears that my dad's half brother was adopted by my great grandfather of one of my grandmother's siblings.  The census lists him as being Howard's son.  Howard's wife was deceased sometime before the 1920 census, so Charles cannot be his biological son. 

So, another clue, but our mystery is not yet solved...

Very interesting, though!! 

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment