Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A 'sit down and breathe' moment...WOWWWW

Okay, so for two days now, I'm researching on Ancestry.com.  I've been looking at anything I can find about my maternal great grandmother's whereabouts in the late 1890's.  I've been sharing what I've found with my parents, and my mom asked me to do something.  She asked me to see if I can find out where my dad's parents were married because he has never known.  I could not find anything, but wait till you hear this--

This evening, I found one crazy bit of information.  On the 1920 census, it lists Dad's mother as living with her widowed father and siblings.  BUT...she has a different last name (Yunker) because she was a widow (at age 18).  ALSO, she had an infant son!  He was 8 months old at the time of the census, and his name was Charles Yunker.  If this is correct, my dad had a half brother that he never knew existed.  I have tried for several hours to see if I can find out what happened to Charles, but could not find anything.  So frustrating!!!!  I'm not giving up, though.  I am stunned!

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment