Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vanished

Well, my last post has vanished.  I don't know why or how...

But ANYWAY...

*Sitting on the gymnasium bleachers Friday night (fanning myself with the program and enduring a lady kneeing me constantly in my kidneys), I watched a parade of young people dressed in their best attire for the Junior/Senior prom.  Today at Mass, I was admiring all the lovely flowers around the sanctuary and thinking about the kids I had watched.  They were like the flowers; all so unique, but equal in their beauty.  A lily can not be a rose, and a chrysanthemum cannot be a hyacinth, but all of these are a delight to the eyes!  People are all different, but all so beautiful as well.

*I have a painful condition called Adenomyosis, as well as Endometriosis, and these things completely interfere with my duties in life.  When I am afflicted with symptoms of these conditions (for at least one week out of each month), I find myself confined to bed, unable to barely move, let alone take care of my home and family.  The pain is severe.  I will spare you the details, but it is unbearable.  (And that is while taking Motrin around the clock.)  John and the kids all support me during these trials, and take care of me  the best that they can. 

Something remarkable happened to me while driving this week.  I was anticipating a week or more of suffering, and bracing myself for it.  I thought about how my Father in Heaven is generous and likes me to ask Him for things.  So, I simply said, "Can you help me out, Daddy?  I know you can take this away from me if You want to."  I don't know what it was, but as I coasted to a red light, my belly felt completely light and almost 'cool' inside.  I'd never really felt this, so it is difficult to explain.  At that moment, I felt confident that I would feel good this month. 

Well, the past two days, I should have been in horrible pain, but there is none!  This is the first time that this has happened.  (The Adenomyosis was diagnosed 3 years ago.)  I'm sooooo amazed and joyful about this.  I don't know that this is a temporary reprieve or a permanent healing.  I hope it's the latter, but if not, at least I got a break!!!  Unless you've been through this, there is no way to describe it. 

*School is almost done!  I am glad.  I'm ready for a break.  Some things I like about summer are:

1.) Staying up late w/o feeling pressure that I have to get up at the break of dawn.
2.) Lazy mornings.
3.) Family trips/vacations.
4.) The beach!
5.) Open windows.
6.) Campfires.
7.) Spending time with my kids!
8.) Less hectic schedule.
9.) Spontaneous fun--late night trips to Sheetz, ice cream runs, stargazing at night, renting movies and having all night marathons w/big bowls of popcorn
10.) Lightning bugs

That's just the start of my favorite things!!
I also like mini golf...leisurely trips to the mall...going to Grove City Outlets...Jim and Leah's pool...cookouts...walking barefoot in the rain...

Okay, enough already!!

HUGSxxxAnnie

1 comment:

  1. These are a few of my favorite things! ;) From one "Birgitta" to another keep the great posts coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete