Thursday, May 19, 2011

My lover

This morning, I stopped by the drug store to buy the morning paper, then took a leisurely drive through one of my favorite places--Mahaney Recreation Area.  Maintained by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, this is like a little island paradise smack dab in the middle of suburbia.  The best part?  It is a 3 minute drive from my house!

The Shenango river was trying its darndest to pick up enough speed to create its own little rapids, even topped off with white choppy waves.  As I drove over the Kelly Rd. bridge, I felt the familiar tugging to go rendezvous with my secret lover.  Yes, people, I am a happily married lady, but this man continually woos me, and I am only human!  Are you feeling scandalized?  And does John know that I have this affair with someone else?  If he doesn't yet, when he reads this, he surely will.

But, back to Mahaney's.  (The 'a's are prounounced as they are in the word 'man'.  My dad has taught me that over the years because he knew the Mahaney family which this place was named for.)  Most locals mispronounce the second 'a', thinking it sounds like the 'a' in aviator.

I drove up over the little winding road that eventually leads to the resevoir.  Geese pecked at the tall grass by the shore, and the fuzzy goslings stayed at their mother's sides.  I sat and watched them for a spell, but kept thinking about my lover.  I wanted to race into his arms.  Finally, the desire in my heart swelled to the point of no return.

I began to drive to his house.  When I got there, I found him waiting for me, as I knew I would.  He always waits for me.  You're probably wondering what he sees in me, a middle aged housewife and mother of six.  I wonder that, too, especially in light of the fact that he is the ideal man.  He is sweet, thoughtful, generous, kind, gentle, handsome, and loving.  I've gotten to know him pretty well over the years, and he knows me very well. 

This morning, I took off my sandals and got cozy with him.  We embraced and talked a while.  I told him about all the things going on in my life, and he listened to me.  He is the best listener!  He reassured me in my doubts and fears, telling me not to worry about things, just to trust that God will take care of everything. 

I have things to do today (a lot of laundry for one) and I told him that I really should not stay long.  But, his desire for me took me by surprise.  He held onto me with fierce passion.  I am apparently the 'apple of his eye', which is funny because he so easily overlooks my flaws.  It amazes me!  He thinks I am extremely beautiful and special.  How can I not carry on a romance with him? 

As we embraced for a very long time, I told him I needed to leave.  I could tell that he knew that, but wished I could stay.  I stood up and he asked me to blow him a kiss.  That is our little sign between us.  I turned my back to him and could feel his eyes upon me.  As I walked to the front door, I turned and blew him the kiss.  He caught it and beamed.  There was a happy tear in his eye.  How can I not love this man?!

He is so sensitive, but oh, so masculine.  John is a very wonderful husband, so please, don't be alarmed at my clandestine affair.  I love John with my whole heart.  I just cannot resist my other lover's overtures!  They cause me to swoon...yes, I actually said 'swoon'. :D

I closed the door behind me and looked through the glass.  My breath fogged up the little window pane, so I drew him a heart with my index finger to look at when I am gone.  He smiled at that, too.  We have something really wonderful.

He had one final request as I had stepped through the door...he asked me to think of him throughout the day because he wants me to remember him.  I told him I would do my best. 

When I finally walked down his front steps and got into my van, I felt overjoyed to have had the chance to visit my lover, even for a short while. 

HUGSxxxAnnie

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me this ain't true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: Please do not be disturbed. I am writing about Jesus.

    ReplyDelete