Sunday, May 22, 2011

Roller Coaster Ride...

My last post focused on my spirituality...

Read on...where I reveal so much more...

To recap, I had opened the door to my inner life and shared some rather unusual experiences I've had...

Well, hold onto your hats...

When my mom was going through a terrible health trial, in 1995, I had four very young children.  Ian was 8, Jacob-5, Tony-2, and Maria--still an infant...

Mom had a heart attack.  When she was hospitalized, she was put on the blood thinner, Heparin.  We didn't know that she has a rare clotting disorder.  She lost almost all her blood volume internally before the doctors figured out why she had spiralled downward rapidly.  My mom, always so lively and energetic, clung to life by a thread.  She was barely stabilized after receiving a huge blood transfusion, and then, the unthinkable happened.

Someone ordered that she be put back on Heparin!  A few days into her fragile recovery, where she teetered on the edge of life's cliff, she plunged towards death again.  That night, all alone in her hospital bed, she rang the nurse.  The nurse told  her to 'quit complaining'!  Mom was dying.  She gathered up all the strength she had left and made a phone call to my brother.  She barely could get the words out--'Call Dad.'  My dad, who spent almost every moment with her had gone home to sleep for a few hours.

He raced to the hospital where he found her in the state between life and death.  He demanded that the doctor be notified, against that nurse's admonishment!  When they found out what they had done to her, there was another race to get blood transfused into her.

While this was happening, John began to experience odd and unexplainable things.

It was about this time, I can't recall the exact day or time, that he and I were standing in our kitchen.  We were talking, when he was suddenly seized by something invisible that knocked him to his knees.  I'd never seen anything like this.  (And I never have since.)

He was literally in mid-sentence, when he fell on the floor, with his eyes almost up in his head.  It scared me terribly.  I was already shaky emotionally, and this almost threw me into a panic attack.

He nodded his head (as in 'yes'), and I realized something very unusual was happening.  After a few moments, his gaze, which had been focused upwards, refocused and found me.  He stood up, gathered me into his arms, and said, "God just spoke to me."

My heart pounded.  "What?!"  Okay, this was really WEIRD!

I waited for him to speak.  I could see that he was having a hard time expressing himself, although he looked serene.  It was like he had just come out of a windstorm, and needed to gather his thoughts.

"What did God say to you?"  I pressed.

"He told me to fast for your mom."  That moment, no food touched his lips for the rest of that day.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  He was friends with a youthful and exuberant priest and I urged him to go to him and confide this experience to him.

John had not eaten in a week, and was not showing any sign of weakness or lethargy.  My mom was improving and gaining strength.

The last day of the fast was the day I suggested he speak to Fr. B.  Father was rather surprised and he ordered John to start eating again, so out of obedience, he began to eat again.

Do you want to know more?...It is time for me to go to Mass, so look for the rest later...

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment