Saturday, January 22, 2011

Waiting...

A large portion of my time these past few years has been spent--waiting.  We plan on doing some shopping in New Castle, but Maria is still going thru her teenaged beauty routine.  She's perfectly lovely without all that fuss, but I can't come down too hard on her.  Afterall, I'm female, too, and I have my own little routine.

So, with that, here are a few of my favorite beauty tips:

1.) You don't have to use high end cosmetics all the time.  A few items will suffice.  I have a teeny tiny budget, so I'm a bargain hunter!

2.)Let your hair do what it does naturally.  My hair is baby fine, so it doesn't like to cooperate with certain styles.  It also has a natural wave to it, so sometimes it's good to scrunch it while it dries and let it take its natural state.  A few flips of a curling iron at the roots gives it some lift. 

3.) I never use those little spongy applicators that come with eye shadow.  In fact, I don't care a lot for eye shadow.  In my family tree, we have Swedish eyes (thanks to my great grandmother) and that means we have very prominent eyelids.  Eyeshadow tends to exacerbate this trait!  I use an eyeshadow brush (E.L.F.) sells them for $1.00!  They're natural bristles, too, and a wooden handle.  Shake well after dipping generously in the light, earthy shades before applying.  Sweep over entire lid from inner corner to outer, up to brow.

She's ready!  More tips and favorites later...xxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment