Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feeling it

Troy Polamalu Jersey: Reebok Black Replica #43 Pittsburgh Steelers Jersey - LargeNow that it is post church/dinner I'm feeling that 4:00 wake up call.  My head is a little achey and I'm so sleepy.  Yawwwwwn.

We sang two of my favorite hymns at Mass, which was nice, but I had to blink back tears.  A lady that lived not far from here shot her child and mother before she killed herself.  I didn't know them, but my friend did.  The boy was in 7th grade (different school), the same age as my JohnPaul. 

I looked at my beautiful and beloved son(at church), and felt this awful heaviness inside over this.  I don't know why she did this.  It seems impossible to understand.  The boy was asleep one moment, then...well......

Changing the subject...before I get too emotional...

I ate too much.  I had rotisserie chicken with salad for dinner.  It was really tasty.  I'll save the remains and make a large pot of homemade soup tomorrow.  I wish I had remembered to buy celery!!  Darn.  I have celery seed in a spice shaker, but it isn't nearly as good as the real deal. 

On the bright side, now that my head aches, I no longer feel like my side hurts.  :)

At least half the population of my town is dressed in Steelers attire.  We saw plenty of black and gold in church, then when we stopped at D'Onofrio's for a few items, it was everywhere.  Even the cashiers were wearing Steelers jerseys.  I'm wearing a burgundy oxford shirt.  Tell me what that says about me...

I want so desperately to nap, but I can't.  We haven't been to my parents house to visit for a long time, so we need to do that.  I hate that our weekends get so busy.  I don't want that to interfere with that most important thing: family time.  So, shortly, we will be on our way to pay them a visit.

Time to get out the toothpicks and prop open my eyes!! 

HugsxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment