Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back in my toasty home

Here we are, back home again!  The kids are all finished with their SAT's, we are filled to the gills (went to Wendy's), the furnace is 'fired up', so we're toasty warm, and I don't have to go anywhere right now, so I'm happy. 

MORE beauty tips, continued...

1.) Lemon juice is wonderful for the skin.  Put a little water on a cotton ball, squeeze some lemon juice (fresh or from the little plastic lemon from the grocery store), and apply it to your skin.  It clarifies and is like a mini chemical peel.  If you want, you can make a facial scrub by adding the lemon juice/water to a 1/2 tsp. of sugar.  Gently scrub your face/neck with this, and rinse well.  It is invigorating!

2.) When bathing, why use expensive bath salts, when you can add baking soda?  It is great for your skin, and salt has healing properties.  You can also use a small amount with bath gel on a sponge to exfoliate skin.

3.) I like to sprinkle sparkly 'dust' in my hair.  Walmart used to carry something called 'Shimmerpot' that was 88 cents!  I haven't been able to find it lately, but Bonne Bell has something similar in a compact for a couple of dollars.  I take a big powder brush and sweep the sprinkles all over the surface of my hair.  When the light catches it, it sparkles.  I also use it to highlight my cheekbones (which need some serious highlighting) and my nose.

4.) Never underestimate the power of a well shaped eyebrow.  Ever since I was a child, I've always loved the makeup look of the pinup era.  Notice the gals from the 40's and 50's--they all have beautiful eyebrows.  I'll post a 'how-to' soon on how to shape your eyebrows.  Eyebrows can make a huge impact!

5.) Last hint for now:  Smile!  The prettiest women I know are not the ones with perfect features.  They are the ones who love life and like to smile.  The glow of joy is radiant!  I LOVE to smile.  I get complimented quite often on my smile! 

HugsxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment