Monday, January 20, 2014

Edinboro

I left my heart in...(San Francisco?)...no...Edinboro, Pennsylvania.

Yesterday afternoon, John, Therese, and I took the familiar Sunday trek to that little frozen tundra near the border of Erie to return Maria to her home away from home.

Just a short few months ago, the drive and surroundings were new to us.  Now, it has become comfortable, although the tweak of sadness always accompanies the trip.  

Those lingering hugs between mother and daughter, then between sister and sister, then between father and daughter always results in a thick lump in my throat.  As we watched her walk away, such a wisp of a girl, tiny and fragile looking, I was determined to keep the tears from falling.

I am too sentimental for my own good. 

Maria is doing so well in her new world.  I am happy about that!  I want her to fly--no--SOAR!  There's nothing sadder than an adult who never really learns to live a full life.  My hope for each of my kids is that they will come to see what gifts they have and how to use them to make the world better. 

HUGSxxxAnnie


No comments:

Post a Comment