Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Disappointments, camping at home, and spiked lemonade

I don't like to complain.  I dislike it when others complain.  So, this is not a complaint.  After all, life has so many blessings in it, I prefer to look at those things instead of looking at the bad.

The school year ended and I had high expectations for a week of vacation with my family.  It arrived this week, but because I have been hit with two different physical issues, I am taking Motrin every 4 hours and sitting around in my P.J.'s.  All the while, Therese's eyes look at me with betrayal burning guilt through me.  We were supposed to be spending time at Waldameer, her favorite place on earth.  And the beach.  And shopping in Pittsburgh.  In her defense, I would have felt the same way if I were nine years old.  And I see that she wants to cooperate.  She made macaroni and cheese with Daddy last night so I didn't have to cook.  She also cleaned the house up and washed her own hair.

The other kids aren't so much trying to make me feel guilty.  They go with the flow and understand better that things sometimes happen that are beyond our control.  Thank goodness for that. 

Part of me would like to sit here and cry.  After all, I waited and planned for a long time for this vacation.  I needed it desperately.  I do believe that it's better to let go and accept it rather than fight it.  The end result won't change, but I will feel better in the long run.

Maybe we'll set up a tent and camp at home tonight...we can still roast marshmallows and tell scary stories, even if it isn't in the wild...you know the saying about making lemonade when life hands you lemons. 

Here's a glass of lemonade for you--maybe I'll spice it up a little with a splash of whiskey--hahahahaha! 

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment