Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tears

Today's gospel reading was about building one's house on a solid foundation and how it will stand through storms and wind.  I know I've built my 'house' on a good foundation so I have hope and trust in this.

Sometimes, though, it feels like the raging storm is about to topple me over and crush me.  That's kind of how it feels these days.  Maria and Therese didn't go to church, which is probably a first for both of them.  They have both been hit hard with whatever this sickness is.  The two empty spots in the pew beside me were so bare looking.  I felt tears welling in my eyes; I am so overwhelmed right now. 

The kids have been sick, and it feels like there is a spiritual heaviness surrounding us.  There have been some big time spiritual attacks on our family, and it feels like we need to break out the heavy artillery.  St. Michael, defend us! 

I'm not sad, these are tears of pent up worry, pain, exhaustion.  It's a good think I know that God is there, or I'd not know where to turn.

My mom and dad wanted to surprise me today.  I'd kind of got a feeling they wanted to do that.  My birthday is on Ash Wednesday, and we fast, so today they came over to celebrate.  John had a boston creme cake for me and my favorite pizza: Tony's w/sausage.  At 3:00 we said a family rosary  in union with our Nigerian son, Danny, who promised to join us in prayer.  I felt a great deal of peace wash over me during the prayers.  Mom and Dad praying with us felt really good.

Tonight I helped Maria get caught up on her homework since she's been out of commission for several days.  She has been really overwhelmed, too.  It felt good to lend a hand to my darling daughter.  I think the Lord is carrying my cross and letting me hold onto one little splinter.  The splinter feels pretty bad, but I have to say it's better than trying to carry the whole thing.

I'm glad, too, to have a husband who really loves me.  He is such warm and supportive guy.  He knows my struggles and he does what he can to ease things for me.  Together, we somehow make it through these things.  Marriage really is a beautiful gift.

I thank and praise God tonight for His grace and mercy, healing, and comfort.  I know He will take me through these rough patches.

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment