Thursday, March 3, 2011

Love's Baby Soft

LOVE'S BABY SOFT Dana 1.5 oz Women's Body Mist UNBOXED
When I was a very young girl, my dad's annual Christmas gift to me was a bottle of Love's Baby Soft cologne.  I bet it gave him great pleasure to buy something 'girly' for me, being that I am the only girl child he has!

A few years ago, I stumbled across this fragrance in a store.  I had not seen it in years, so I snatched it right up.  The moment I removed the lid, a flood of memories filled me.  It was almost like the last 30 some years had disappeared in a moment, and I was a kid again.

I keep the bottle on my dresser and look at it from time to time.  It is still almost full because my tastes in fragrance have grown over the years.  Once in awhile I spritz it on for old time's sake.  :)

My parents gave me this awesome fragrance called Annie Oakley that they found out west in their travels.  I love the scent!  And I am partial to Chantilly, which is an old standby, but one of my top favorites.  I also have White Linen, which John gave me for Christmas.  It is expensive, and quite strong, so I wear it less frequently.  Probably the best smell for me is Vanilla with brown sugar.  It is a nice soft scent for everyday. 

Maria wears Midnight Pomegranite from Bath and Bodyworks.  Ian gave it to her for her 16th birthday, and it is HEAVENLY!  I love it, but it has become 'her' signature scent, so I'll have to refrain from buying some for MOI.




Chantilly By Dana For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.5 Oz.
Bath and Body Works Midnight Pomegranate Body Mist Splash
Did you ever notice that the sense of smell can transport us to another time or place?  When I was a little child, my mom's choice of hand lotions was Jergen's.  To this day, the smell of Jergen's (cherry and almond) brings me a sense of warmth and comfort.  Mom never wore perfume because she is allergic to it, but she never went without hand lotion.  She also went through a phase where she wore something called Rose Milk.  I never see that anymore, so I guess it no longer exists.

Some of my favorite smells:

Chocolate chip cookies baking
Christmas trees
Lilacs (heaven on earth!!)
The ocean
Rain
Peanut butter
Coffee
Vanilla
Freshly laundered sheets
Baby lotion
Dove soap


HUGSxxxAnnie



No comments:

Post a Comment