Thursday, January 31, 2013

Love Those Beauty products!

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on a few beauty products that I LOVE!!!

The best thing about them is that they are available at a drugstore near you--at a very reasonable price! $$$ 

Coming in at a close second is the exceptional quality of these products.

I was, once upon a time, a beauty advisor for (oooh la la) Estee Lauder.  What a fun job that was--loved learning about all their products, attending seminars, doing makeovers, and making the sale!  But, face it girls, if you're not rolling in the dough, you have to cut corners with your pocketbook, and that's where I am--always looking for the best deal for the price.  Estee Lauder, as well as other high end department store cosmetics, is shockingly expensive.

I've tried many drugstore brands over the years, found things from Maybelline, Cover Girl, Revlon, Almay...etc....that I really liked, but now I'm getting into the brand 'Rimmel'.  Their stuff is really good, and the prices are phenomenal.

I was not blessed with long or thick eyelashes, so mascara is something I wear most days.  Rimmel has this particular kind called Scandal Eyes Curve, and it is awesome!  The brush is lush, and I place the curve of it against the very bottom of my lashes (where they grow out of my eyelid), and sweep in an upwards motion.  My lashes literally seem to triple in length and fullness.  And, at Wal-Mart, this little baby is under $5.00!!!

Now, they have this brand new item called BB Cream, and it took me by surprise--it was that good!  This miracle cream has light moisturizers in it, and is a creamy foundation that covers nicely without a heavy look. 

I've never had that 'perfect' complexion that women all envy.  When I was younger, I had breakouts now and then, and my share of freckles.  As I've matured, the freckles have turned into age spots, and I've developed discolorations, and uneven spots--yuck!

This foundation works really nicely.  I pair it with another of their products called Match Perfection Concealer.  This is great for undereye darkness, blemishes, and dark spots. 


BB Cream is great!  It has full coverage, looks naturally, glides on smoothly, and has a light fresh scent.  It also has a sunscreen of SPF 25 built into it.

And, last but NOT least, I just got a fabulous new lipstick called Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in a gorgeous hollywood red--a la Marilyn Monroe.  This lip color lasts a long time, and it brightens up my entire face.  The matte and bold shade makes me feel glamorous!  The retail price for this was just under $5, too!

Next time you're in the market for new makeup, check out Rimmel of London.  They have a large array of products for all your beauty needs.  I think you will find that they have attractive prices and even more attractive products!

HUGSxxxAnnie





No comments:

Post a Comment