Thursday, November 10, 2011

Did you ever....? SHOCKING revelations behind closed doors!!!

Throughout the day, I find myself doing 'unorthodox' things and I started wondering how many others do stuff like that?  I wonder how many of my readers will admit to doing some of these things?  Or maybe they'll contribute something else to the list?

Here's a list, off the top of my head, of kooky things I've been known to do once or twice...

Used a butter knife as a screw driver.

Crammed the washing machine too full because I had 'just a little more clothes' over one load, and dumped in extra detergent. (And prayed I didn't have a Brady Bunch moment with too many suds.)

Measured ingredients for a recipe by pouring the substance out and thinking, 'That looks to be about a half a cup.'.

Threw panty hose in the washer and crossed my fingers that they wouldn't snag.

Left clothes in the washer overnight and instead of rewashing them (due to musty odor), threw extra dryer sheets in the dryer to refresh them.

Driven the kids to school in my pajamas.  (I've been doing that a lot lately.)

Slept without a sheet on my bed because I was too tired to put one on it.

Eaten something crumbly over the sink so I wouldn't have to dirty any dishes.

Worn mismatched socks because I couldn't find any that matched.

Gave the kids mismatched socks.  See above.

Served potato chips as a side dish.  (Usually a Saturday thing.)

Eaten cake for breakfast the day after someone's birthday in this house.

Tried to vaccuum fur/fleas off the dog...with zero success...

Yikes, this is a BAD one...told my kids the answer to homework problem/s because they were taking too long to do it.

Used tape to fix a falling hem. 

Trying just once to substitute instant potatoes for real mashed potatoes.  I never got away with that again! 

******Okay, so you get the idea...that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Now you see that I'm not a perfect mom and wife afterall.  Are you disappointed?  I'd like to hear some confessions from you now?!

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment