Friday, July 15, 2011

So much at stake...

Jesus is an honest to goodness flesh and blood man.  Scripture tells us He is like us in ALL ways, except sin.  He is also God.  That mystery has been studied, analyzed, meditated upon, and so much more for over 2000 years.  It will never be possible to completely wrap our minds around the mystery of the God/Man.

Did you ever wonder what would  have happened if He had (gasp!) sinned?  We wouldn't have been redeemed.  There would no longer be any chance that anyone could enter into Heaven. 

I've thought about that, but today, something else occurred to me.  If Jesus had sinned, what would have become of HIM?  He is God, but as a man, he would have deserved Hell with everyone else.  God is all HOLY, that means WHOLE.  He cannot be divided.  We know that, and Jesus proved it.  But, in his sufferings and temptations, Satan worked to divide God.  I don't know what would have happened if Satan had succeeded.  Isn't that a really strange thought?! 

I'm not sure if Satan fully knew who Jesus was, but I guess he might have suspected.  He must have pulled out all the stops in regards to temptations.  I've had some strong temptations in my life, so I shudder to think of what He put Jesus through.  My own struggles would be like a grain of sand in the Sahara desert in comparison.

When I think of that, I feel even more confident in Jesus' power to protect and shield me from evil.  He is the 'Triumphant One'. 

How could we not feel indebted to Him for this tremendous gift?  That which He did for you and for me? 

HUGSxxxAnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment